This new system raises the concept of spoking to a new level of performance for road bike and triathlon wheels ( and mtb too)
The Fulcrum® engineers have redesigned the spokes and the hub housings to create a solid and unmoveable whole. The result is that the spokes
a) will never lose their initial tension, thus keeping the wheel perfectly reactive and centred
b) will remain in the position that have been studied in the wind tunnel tests to ensure the best aerodynamic penetration possible.
F.I.C. FULCRUM IDENTIFICATION CARD - 100% HANDMADE QUALITY
Right from its inception Fulcrum® has been marked by feature that continues to this day: that is to design, prototype and industrialise all the wheels characterised by the red “F”.
Indeed these take shape inside of the R&D, the leading-edge department that represents the beating heart of the Italian company.
Every single component of the wheel, the materials chosen and the technologies applied are the tangible result of the effort that Fulcrum® makes every day to give you maximum performance and reliability.
AFS AXLE SYSTEM™
The Axial Fixing System™ is the solution developed by Fulcrum® to fix the disc brake to the hub. The constraint granted by the butt area of the release mechanism, greater than in familiar standard ones, makes it possible to obtain greater structural rigidity and therefore more precise and powerful braking.
MONOBLOCK HUB FOR DISC
The rear hub of a top-quality disc brake wheel is a technical problem to be solved. Fulcrum®’s R&D department found itself facing a fundamental choice: on which side to put the oversize flange of the Two-to-one™ system? Disc or sprocket side? Without question - must stay on the sprocket side.
To combat the loss of braking power from flex and torque of the connector between the two sides of the hub, a special one-piece system has been devised with internal stiffening ribs.
- TYRE TYPE 2-Way fit Ready (for clincher and tubeless ready)
- TYRE SIZE 28"
- DISCIPLINE Road / Triathlon
- ASTM CATEGORY 2
- WEIGHT 1690 g
- RIM MATERIAL Aluminum
- RIM MATERIAL DETAILS Aluminum
- PROFILE HEIGHT Medium
- RIM HEIGHT Front and rear: 35 mm
- RIM WIDTH 22 mm
- INNER RIM WIDTH(CHANNEL) ETRTO 17C
- TYRE WIDTH From 23 mm to 50 mm
- BRAKING SYSTEM Disc brake
- BRAKING SURFACE/BRAKES OPTIONS AFS
- FRONT AXLE COMPATIBILITY QR/HH15-100/HH12-100 (no skewers incl.)
- REAR AXLE COMPATIBILITY QR/HH12-142/HH12-135 (no skewers incl.)
- FRONT WHEEL SPOKES 24 (16 left - 8 right)
- REAR WHEEL SPOKES 24 (8 left - 16 right)
- SPOKES: MATERIAL Stainless steel
- SPOKES: PROFILE Rounded, straight pull
- NIPPLES Aluminum
- FRONT HUB Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- REAR HUB Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- BEARINGS Sealed cartridge bearings
- OTHERS Aluminum Axle
- WEIGHT LIMIT 109 kg (Cyclist)
- FWB OPTIONS HG11, Campy, Optional: XDr