The Campagnolo Bora WTO 45's are a carbon wheelset, designed and optimised for road racing over undulating terrain. While the 45mm deep rim helps these wheels slice through the air with speed, the structure of the rim itself enhances wind power at certain yaw angles, driving the athlete both further and faster for minimal effort. Despite these aerodynamic gains, the Campagnolo Bora WTO 45's weigh less than 1500 grams per pair - so you don't have to worry about your new wheelset holding you back when riding uphill.
Campagnolo has designed this rim to accept larger tyres, to minimise rolling resistance, as well as maximising grip and rider comfort out on the road. However, thanks to the two-way-fit profile, if further grip, comfort and puncture protection is needed, riders can also run the Campagnolo Bora WTO 45's tubeless too. Although carbon wheels typically don't have the best reputation for wet weather braking, by applying the AC3 (All Conditions Carbon Control) technology to the braking track of this wheelset, Campagnolo has improved dry weather braking by 20% and wet weather braking by 40%.
These advanced carbon rims are paired with a set of equally advanced hubs. While the alloy hub shell is designed for minimal drag, the ceramic USB cup-and-cone bearing system ensures a lasting smooth spin and maximised rider efficiency. These hubs are laced to the rims via 18 steel spokes on the front, and 21 on the rear. Using a cross-sectional spoke pattern allows for a considerable increase in wheel strength and durability, as well as a noticeable reduction in rolling resistance.
- Carbon fibre rim construction
- 45mm rim depth
- 26.5mm external rim width, 19.5mm internal rim width to accommodate wider tyres
- AC3 rim construction for improved braking performance
- Weight: 1496 grams
- Clincher tyre compatible
- Tubeless tyre compatible
- Rim brake compatible
- Handbuilt in Italy
- Aluminium aerodynamic hub set, (100mm front) (130mm rear). Cup-and-cone bearing system. USB ceramic bearings
- Steel spokes. 18 front, 21 rear
- 10/11/12 speed compatible freehub
- Includes: special brake-pad kit for carbon wheels, quick releases, valve extenders, tubeless valves, bushing to reduce the size of the valve hole, and a user manual