Enve SES 2.3 Road Disc Brake Wheelset.
The SES 2.3 is purpose-built for the mountains. Ultra-light, respectfully aerodynamic, and optimized for tubeless tires, the SES 2.3 raises the bar for performance through hilly and mountainous terrain.
There’s no better option for the uncompromising climber who values performance up and down the mountain than the new SES 2.3. At sub-1200 grams, they’re in a league of their own and deliver a real-world advantage in hilly terrain through their lightweight design and confidence-inspiring handling.
Modern-day alpinists take their ethos of ‘Fast and Light’ seriously by avoiding unnecessarily heavy gear to get up the mountains quickly while maintaining confidence on the way down. The SES 2.3 subscribes to that same idea in the pursuit of scaling mountains efficiently and providing even more fun and stability on the descent. Paring down from the SES 3.4, it maintains the proven Smart ENVE System design elements of dissimilar front and rear rim depths for handling the varying air flow elements from the front to the back of the bike.
At 28mm for the front depth and 32mm for the rear depth, the SES 2.3 provides crosswind stability and flatland aerodynamic efficiency to descend confidently and carry speed in the flat valleys between climbs. Utilizing hookless bead tubeless technology allowed our engineers to pull more weight out of this wheelset, tune the comfort, maintain strength, and ensure an exacting rim bead seat diameter to provide the most precise tubeless interface. This wheelset is tubeless and disc brake only. When it comes to the biggest climbs of the Grand Tours or the undulating terrain out your front door, there’s simply nothing faster.
• When weight matters most
• 1274-gram wheelset weight (+/- 2%)
• Inner rim width: 21mm
• Minimum labeled tire size: 25mm
• For Use With Tubeless Tires Only
THE SES DIFFERENCE:
There's a simple reason why SES wheels consistently score "best in test" in nearly any third-party aero test. We're committed to sweating the small stuff and chasing the marginal gains that others will not.
• In-frame development and ride testing have taught us that unique rim shapes and constructions between the front and back wheels optimize efficiency and the ride experience.
• Front wheels are designed to maximize crosswind stability. A rider's stability on the bike, especially in time trial and triathlon, is critical for aero efficiency and overall performance.
• Rear wheels are designed to recapture air flow as it passes from the front of the bike to the back, which maximizes drag reduction.
Aerodynamically optimized around modern high-volume tubeless tires.
• The all-new SES lineup was developed around the ENVE SES 27mm tire.
• Tested at 20 mph (32 kph) and 30 mph (48 kph). Our SES promise of Real-World Fast isn't limited only to cycling's elite.
• Weighted Average Drag - All wind angles are not created equally. Anemometer data shows that most of your ride time will be spent in wind at less than 12 degrees yaw. Weighted average drag is a tool that helps a rider understand the aero efficiency of a wheelset in real-world wind and riding conditions.
ENGINEERED FLAT PROTECTION:
Most flat tires are caused by one of two things; Intrusion punctures (staples, thorns, glass, etc.) or pinch-flats (potholes, railroad tracks, rocks, etc.). While there is little we can do as a rim manufacturer to prevent punctures, the rim feature called Wide Hookless Bead greatly reduces the likelihood of pinch-flatting. Wide Hookless Bead technology works by providing a blunt surface upon which to bottom out the tire, dissipating energy across a larger surface area and preventing tire damage. This allows you to run the correct tire pressure without the worry of pinch-flatting.
ENVE PREMIUM ROAD HUB:
What could be considered the nucleus of an SES wheel, the ENVE Premium Road Hub brings efficiency, longevity, and simplicity to every wheelset. From hub flange geometry to bearing longevity to Perfect PreloadTM, every design detail comes from more than a decade of pairing ENVE carbon rims with the leading hubs on the market. Key benefits of the ENVE Premium Road Hub are:
• Hub Shell Geometry: The hub's flange diameters, spacing, and spoke hole lacing pattern assists in maximizing torsional stiffness, spoke tangency, and power transfer.
Lightweight: Cold-forged and machined 6061 alloy for durable lightweight performance. Weight: Front 126 grams, Rear 256 grams
• Premium Grade Stainless Steel Bearings: The bearings selected are premium grade and custom-made for ENVE. Full stainless steel races promise that riders living near the coast, or riding in wet or humid environments, will not experience corroded bearings, races, or external surfaces.
• Perfect PreloadTM: Our system ensures perfect bearing preload from the factory via a tuned wave washer installed on the axle. The result is a maintenance free design that promises longer bearing life, and improved rolling efficiency over the lifespan of the hub.
All our products are professionally packed and shipped with tracking number and insurance. Lafo Bikes is offering you high end bikes, frames, parts & accessories that we love. We are selling only genuine products, no copy or replica. Our goal is to offer you the best price on amazing bikes.
All orders are processed within 2 business day (excluding weekends and holidays). You will receive another notification when your order has shipped. Items are shipped from our Canada or USA facilities, based on stock availability and your location.
We offer two shipping options to get you what you need, when you need it.
Expected delivery times for North America are listed below:
Standard | 4-8 business days
Expedited | 2-3 business days
We also ship internationally! Please refer to our FAQ for further details.
Enjoy shopping with our 30 day money-back guarantee!
In the unfortunate event that you want to return an item, please contact our customer service department within thirty (30) days of receiving your items at email@example.com. Don’t hesitate to call us if you’re wondering if an item can be returned. We’ll gladly answer all your questions.
You can find our full return policy here.