2-Way Fit™ profile for tubeless and clincher.
Tubeless technology was first used by the auto industry , then by motorcycles and now has reached the cycling industry. After its debut with mountain bikes the moment has come to “put it on the road”, and that’s what we propose to do.
We have developed our 2-Way Fit™ technology to ensure the perfect compatibility of our tubeless rims with normal clincher types and tubes. 2-Way Fit™road bike wheels are perfectly multipurpose for tackling every situation. Thanks to a special impression in the valve area, the tubes are fitted with the maximum precision while keeping the tube perfectly stable inside the tyre.
Housing the valve for tubeless tyres is also risk-free, with the unquestionable advantage that there are never any air infiltrations caused by non-ideal positioning when fitting.
RDB™ RIM DYNAMIC BALANCE
The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side.
DRSC™ - DIRECTIONATED RIM-SPOKE COUPLING
Exclusive rim/spoke coupling system. It allows the rim, spokes, nipples and hub to align properly with the same tensioning value in all areas.
What is MoMag™?
A magnet and lots of ingenuity. This was what led to the patent for the well-tested “Mounting Magnet” system, or MoMag™.
A guarantee of quality
The keyword for our products is: traceable.
If you find a little label attached to any Fulcrum® product, do not remove it. It will provide you a guarantee in case of an ascertained defectiveness of a production batch, and so the component needed or wheel will be traceable.
All this because, devoted to its mission, Fulcrum® demands the absolute perfection and safety for its customers.
RIM FULL CARBON TECHNOLOGY
Full carbon Fulcrum® rims are built using combinations, developed in the laboratory, of different types of fibre, including UD and the famous 90-degree 3K of models at the top of our range.
To build them we developed a special HTG (high transition grade) resin, whose glass transition point is at a higher temperature than any other fibre used in the bicycle industry.
This gives incomparable performance when braking.
WIDE RIM TECH
Fulcrum®’s R&D department, following requests from the competition circuit, has worked to create rims that are wider than before, about 4 mm or more than previously. This technical choice provides an ideal basis for 25/28mm tyres, the sizes currently popular.
This ensures stability, excellent handling and superior comfort.
UNDRILLED RIM BED
No holes on the bridge connector means that the rim is uniform at every point, free from critical areas subject to stress.
The advantages are immediately clear: less weight, longer lasting rims, greater resistance to fatigue, the possibility of giving the spokes more tension and more stiffness which, in terms of performance, means improved responsiveness and acceleration.
- TYRE TYPE 2-Way fit (for clincher and tubeless)
- TYRE SIZE 28"
- DISCIPLINE Road / Triathlon
- ASTM CATEGORY 2
- WEIGHT 1470 g
- RIM MATERIAL Carbon
- RIM MATERIAL DETAILS Full carbon, "Twill" - carbon fiber finishing
- PROFILE HEIGHT Medium
- RIM HEIGHT Front and rear: 40 mm
- RIM WIDTH 26,5 mm
- INNER RIM WIDTH (CHANNEL) 19 mm
- TYRE WIDTH From 23 mm to 50 mm
- BRAKING SYSTEM Disc brake
- BRAKING SURFACE/BRAKES OPTIONS AFS
- FRONT AXLE COMPATIBILITY HH12-100
- REAR AXLE COMPATIBILITY HH12-142
- FRONT WHEEL SPOKES 21, Two-to-one (14 left - 7 right)
- REAR WHEEL SPOKES 21, Two-to-one (7 left - 14 right)
- SPOKES: MATERIAL Stainless steel, double butted
- SPOKES: PROFILE Rounded, straight pull
- NIPPLES Aluminum
- FRONT HUB Carbon, Aluminum oversize flange
- REAR HUB Aluminum, Aluminum oversize flange
- BEARINGS USB ceramic bearings. Adjustable Cup & Cones bearing system
- OTHERS Plasma treated HG freewheel. Aluminum Axle
- WEIGHT LIMIT 109 kg (Cyclist)
- FWB OPTIONS HG11, Campy, XDr